Whole School Uniform Policy
Students at ICS Paris are required to wear a uniform when they are at school, in the vicinity of school, or on school outings.
- Uniform rules apply to ALL students regardless of age.
- All clothing must be in good condition, must fit properly, and must not reveal any undergarments.
- Ladies’ earrings are the only visible piercings allowed.
Aims and Objectives
Our school uniform policy is based on the notion that a school uniform:
1. promotes a sense of pride in the school
2. engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school
3. is practical, easy to manage/prepare for the day, and smart
4. identifies students with the school
5. prevents students from coming to school in fashionable clothes that could prove distracting in class
6. makes students feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
7. is regarded as suitable wear for school
8. is designed with health and safety in mind
The role of parents
The school asks all parents who send their children to our school to support the school uniform policy. The school believes that parents have a duty to send their children to school correctly dressed and ready for the school day. Parents and guardians are responsible for ensuring that their child(ren) comply with this policy. There will be no exceptions.
The role of teachers and staff
Teachers and staff assist in enforcing the school Uniform Policy. Staff and teachers retain the right to refuse students into their classrooms who do not comply with the uniform policy.
Acquiring school uniforms
The school and sports uniforms must be purchased from the school supplier by the parents before the start of the school year.