INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE (IB) CURRICULUM FOR 3-19 YEAR-OLDS WITH ENGLISH AS THE LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) - accreditation since 2003
- International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IBMYP) - accreditation since 2023
- International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IBPYP) - accreditation since 2023
This prestigious designation underscores our commitment to delivering a world-class education that adheres to the rigorous standards set by the IBO. At ICS Paris, we are dedicated to nurturing globally-minded, academically-driven students who embrace the values of inquiry, intercultural understanding, and excellence, preparing them to excel in a rapidly changing and interconnected world.
The International Baccalaureate (IB) was designed with “Education for a better world” in mind, which sits well with the ICS and Globeducate educational vision of preparing each student to become a global citizen who can shape the world. It is a non-profit foundation motivated by its mission to create a better world through education
Comprising three age-targeted stages, this international curriculum takes an holistic approach to education, nurturing intellectual, personal, emotional, and social skills. Our international schools work closely with the IB Organisation and our group-wide educational focus on teaching that impacts on learning, complements the IB programme’s aim, which is to teach students to think critically and independently, and how to inquire with care and logic.
Early Years at ICS Paris
ICS Paris, set in beautiful Paris and dedicated to children's learning and development. Our Early Years Education program offers a fun, supportive and innovative curriculum that supports all children in their journey of learning.
Early years (age 3-5) is the first stage of your child's IB journey, where they will develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes that will prepare them for their future.
Explore how the EYP Programme is tailored to students at ICS Paris.
join our Play mornings
Primary Years at ICS Paris
The Primary Years Programme (PYP) offers a transdisciplinary, inquiry-based and student-centered education with responsible action at its core, enabling students to learn between, across and beyond traditional subject boundaries.
Our younger students, aged 3-11, they explore local and global issues and opportunities in real-life contexts and all students have the opportunity to learn more than one language.
PYP students pursue six 'units of inquiry' each year, providing context for their core areas of study:
- Physical Education
Middle Years at ICS Paris
Students aged 11-16 on the MYP, receive a personalised programme of education tailored to their own interests, talents and requirements. Small class sizes allow teachers and students to track progress and ensure everyone is challenged at an appropriate level.
Specific features of the MYP include:
- A focus on key and related concepts, looking at how different subjects connect and interrelate
- A global context promoting multilingualism, intercultural understanding and global engagement
- Approaches to Learning (ATL), giving students the skills they need to manage their own learning
- Action and Service, an element which teaches through student participation in local and global communities
- A Personal Project, in which students in the final year of the MYP produce a self-directed piece of work to demonstrate the depth and breadth of their learning
Diploma Years at ICS Paris
Highly respected by universities around the world, the 2-year IBDP covers six subject groups and a 'core', which comprises:
- The Theory of Knowledge (TOK)
- An extended essay
It is not necessary for students to have completed either the PYP or MYP to take the IB Diploma Programme.
Find out more about the Diploma Programme and the core and elective subjects.
Students are active members of the community through the International Baccalaureate (IB) module of Creativity, Activity and Service (CAS) further broadening their education. Our IB Diploma students can take full advantage of our location in the heart of Paris to put their learning into an authentic context.