ICS Paris’s rolling admissions policy means that we are able to accept students throughout the year, dependent on available space. We recommend beginning the application process in February for the following September, or at least three months before joining during the school year.
Follow the steps below to learn more about our application process:
1) First contact
Before submitting any application documents, we urge all families to contact us with their questions about the school. The admissions managers are available by phone or email, or we can schedule a campus visit. This will allow you to learn more about the school, and allows us to get to know each family individually. Do not hesitate to:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on + 33 1 56 56 60 81
2) Application Submission
Applications for the 2021/2022 school year are now open.
STEP 1 - Application form
There are two ways to apply:
- We strongly recommend that parents apply directly online and upload any application documents directly to the website. Don’t forget to hit “submit” on the last page! Please note that registrations submitted via the online form will be given priority.
- Parents may download the application packs for the current year 2020/2021 or for the 2021/2022 school year from our website, and return the PDFs.
Each application will be reviewed by the admissions team, and we’ll come back to you if anything is missing, or if we have any questions. All documents may be returned to us by email; we do not need the originals.
STEP 2 - Application fee
Please process with the payment of 300 euros payable using the following link, for the administrative management of the application and placement tests.
STEP 3 - Required documents
Each section (pre-school, primary, middle, and high school), has its own set of required applications documents.
- For all applicants, we require:
- the application form (by email, or submitted through the website)
- a copy of your child’s passport or birth certificate.
- for all students who have been previously schooled, we require : the last three years of school reports or transcripts.
- For pre-school and primary applicants: we ask for a teacher's recommendation from their current class teacher.
- For middle school and high school applicants:
- 3 recommendations are needed: English teacher, maths teacher, head teacher. All documents must be in English or French. In some instances, we may ask for certified translations.
- Any applicants for the IB programme will be required to schedule a telephone or in-person interview with our IB principal.
Criteria for Acceptance:
At ICS Paris, when examining a child’s file, we take into account all grades and teachers' comments. We look for students who are academically sound, well-rounded, and who will contribute positively to the school environment. ICS Paris is an all-inclusive school and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, ethnicity, nationality religion, or learning differences in the admission of its students.
Students for entry into our Nursery class must be 3 years old by December and fully potty-trained. Students for entry into Grade 10 and above must demonstrate proficiency in English to be able to follow their courses in English.
3) Admissions committee
Once a complete application has been received by the school, each application is submitted to our admissions committee and reviewed by the principal of the corresponding section and the head of school. You can expect a response from the school within 10 days of submitting your child’s completed application.
4) Acceptance and enrolment
Once your child is accepted, we will notify you by email. We will then hold the space for your child for about two weeks. That time will allow you to finalize your visa paperwork, your house hunt, or come to the school for a campus visit. Should you decide to enrol your child at ICS Paris, we will require a signed and completed registration form, the signed terms of payment, and the payment of the year’s registration fees and deposit.
5) Starting School
For families beginning with us in September many things are communicated to you over the summer. The invoices for the school year will be sent in June. The school will contact all families in mid-July to give you all necessary information for the school year: school rules, uniform policy, school supplies lists, calendars etc. It’s also at this time that you can sign your child up for any additional services like hot lunch, bus, or after-school activities.
At the end of August, we will have an orientation day for all new families. This is a wonderful time to meet other new members of the community, finalize any paperwork, ask any last questions, and tour the school with the kids. All middle school and high school students will sit their placement tests on this day.
For families joining us in the course of the year, all of the above information will be communicated once your start date has been confirmed with us. Each family is then welcomed individually on their first day.