Cambridge Primary Programme / PYP
At ICS Paris, while our goal is to offer the Primary Years Programme (PYP) in the future, all curriculum changes do take time. Currently, we follow two curricula, blending them to offer our students an international, inquiry
Through the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) we provide inquiry-based learning opportunities for all of our students in the study of history, geography and international awareness topics. These topics coincide with the Cambridge Primary Curriculum objectives to provide our students with a rich and varied programme that has a balance to meet every child's learning style. Themes such as “chocolate” allow our students to explore everything from the discovery of chocolate to its current uses; free trade practices; the effect of its cultivation on animal habitats; and the scientific benefits of chocolate in cosmetics. Multiple topics each year allow
s our students and staff to share amazing opportunities to discover and understand our world with an open mind as they prepare for the future.
WHAT IS THE CAMBRIDGE PRIMARY PROGRAMME?
Cambridge Primary is an international education programme, typically for young learners aged 5 to 11 years old and is used in primary schools around the world.
This programme is taught in English and complemented with daily French instruction.
The aim of the Cambridge Primary programme
The Cambridge Curriculum is closely linked to that of the British Curriculum and allows schools, students and parents the opportunity to follow a similar programme of study. We currently use this curriculum for Mathematics, Science and English.
- There are clear grade objectives that parents have at the start of the year so they are aware of the expectations.
- The teachers work with students and parents to guide the students towards these objectives.
- Social Studies and World Matters are developed and taught with the teaching staff in an independent manner.
Our international school ICS Paris supports the aim of the Cambridge pathway which is to “prepare students for life – helping them to develop an informed curiosity and lasting passion for learning. It helps students develop thinking and learning skills – ready to tackle the demands of tomorrow’s world, capable of shaping a better world for the future”
Cambridge Learner Attributes
Through our programmes, we help international schools to develop Cambridge students who are:
- Confident in working with information and ideas
- Responsible for themselves, responsive to and respectful of others
- Reflective as learners, developing their ability to learn
- Innovative and equipped for new and future challenges
- Engaged intellectually and socially, ready to make a difference
Benefits of the Cambridge Primary programme
- International curriculum with programmes that stretch, challenge and inspire our students.
- The Cambridge teacher and learner attributes inspire a love of learning in our students and an innovative approach in our teachers.
- Good assessment is at the heart of a good education. Assessments are designed to be fair, valid, reliable and practicable.
- International recognition