IB Diploma Programme
ABOUT THE IB DIPLOMA
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) is a two-year educational program for students aged from 16 to 19 years old that is internationally accredited for entry into institutions of higher education worldwide. This programme is taught in English and complemented with daily French instruction.
The aim of the IB Diploma programme
Our international school ICS Paris supports the aim of the International Baccalaureate® (IB) programmes which is to do more than other curricula by developing inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who are motivated to succeed.
The International Baccalaureate’s programmes are different from other curricula because they:
- encourage students of all ages to think critically and challenge assumptions
- develop independently of government and national systems, incorporating quality practice from research and our global community of schools
- encourage students of all ages to consider both local and global contexts
- develop multilingual students (through a multicultural education).
Source : International Baccalaureate website
The IB Diploma Learner Profile
The aim of all International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes is to develop globally-minded young people who, recognising their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help to create a better and more peaceful world. These attributes complement our ICS international school's mission perfectly, leading to a seamless relationship between our wider curriculum and school values, and the IB learner profile. This ensures that students strive to become inquirers, communicators and critical thinkers who are knowledgeable, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced and reflective. International ICS schools and IB programmes nurture all of these values and build a culture of students who love learning and who will want to continue learning throughout their life. Knowledge gained at school will be wide in scope and ideas and issues that our students engage with will have local and global significance and form a solid foundation on which to build decision-making skills and the development of communication skills.
The benefits of an IB education
Research from leading institutions shows that IB students are more likely than their peers to succeed in higher education. Joining the IB journey with an ICS school as early as possible in a student´s education holds enormous benefits. They will:
- be encouraged to think independently and drive their own learning
- take part in programmes of education that can lead them to some of the highest-ranking universities around the world
- become more culturally aware, through the development of a second language
- be able to engage with people in an increasingly globalised, rapidly changing world
- develop strong academic, social and emotional characteristics
- be likely to perform well academically; often better than students on other programmes
- join a worldwide alumni network of contacts for life
- learn how to ask challenging questions, develop research skills and to think critically.
Our student Seoyeon Cheong had an outstanding performance: she scored 45/45 in the International Baccalaureate! We are very proud of her perfect score and wish her the best for her studies at Yonsei University, South Korea. 👏🎓